Sunday 10 January 2016

DFI- Making My Mark.

First and foremost. Hope you have a brilliant 2016 ahead!

Germany seems like a distant memory now. It has been 6 months since I landed in India. And boy oh boy, do I miss it.

My Schedule. Find my name.
Carrying on from where I left off, my second week was much better because I had got adjusted to the surroundings, the climate and the physicality. I had finally started playing at a decent level. Not good, not satisfactory but decent. I remember this one training session with the U-23's where I played really well. I bossed the center of the park. I was going in for challenges, I was running constantly and making quick incisive passes. Even though I was being pushed around and thrown on the ground, I got back up and went for more. I had this hunger in me. This hunger to do well, to do my parents proud even though they didn't know what i was doing, to give it your all.

As I entered the third week, the coaches started noticing me and rightfully so. I was playing well and enjoying my football. Our bulletin board which had our schedule informed us that we would be playing a match in the next few days. India vs Germany. At first I thought it would be only us Indians against the U-23's. Later I found out that the German team was filled with coaches and the U-18's. Fortunately, our "India" team consisted of U-23 players from SA, China, Croatia, Peru, Russia and Germany.

What a sight!
The dressing room! Aaaahhh!

Before the game, we had visited the home of Bayern Munich, Germany and 1860 Munich., The Allianz Arena. The first stadium i went to didn't disappoint me. It was truly stunning. Right from the outside to the museum inside. The European Cups, Bundesliga shields and the DFB Pokals were just a mere 30 Cm from
me. Only glass separated us. My hopes of lifting them later in my life still lingers. The ground was brilliant,
 i really don't have words to describe how classy it was. To all the Bayern supporters, it is a must that you visit the home of the Bavarians at least once in your life. extend your bucket list.

Life Goals!
Have to watch a match here.













Moving back to matchday, there was a proper dressing room meeting with full kits and a team list and formations. Sadly, I was keeping the bench warm. I did feel a little embarrassed as the rest of my fellow Indians were playing. The first half was played, the score was
2-2.

Haslreiter sir then brought me on at half time. Surprisingly at left back. I had never played the position before. Next thing you know, I got the ball and I made a run from our defensive half to the final third and had a shot on goal. The solo run didn't pay off, but it boosted my confidence a lot, especially when the fellow foreigners started appreciating my effort. I went on to have two more shots on goal, one which nearly went in. In the end, I wasn't tired. I could have played a lot more, this fire had ignited. A little too late in the month, but nevertheless.

I had hit my peak form.

No comments:

Post a Comment