Monday 21 December 2015

DFI - The Beginning


A 6 hour flight is pretty boring. But flying in this posh Etihad aircraft made it alot more entertaining. As soon as we landed in Munich, Jaineel and I were really pumped. It was really hard to contain our excitement as soon as we walked in for immigration. But we were also scared about immigration, considering we might not clear it. 
Need i say more? 
Fortunately, we did. Afterwards, we were waiting at the airport for Eric sir and the other lads to land at Munich from Paris.
The first thing that caught my eye was how clean Germany was. Spotless. Our journey from the airport to Bad Aibling took around 2 hours. 
Part of the DFI campus
Once we reached the academy, we were taken to our rooms. Mine was on the top floor which had no fans, one window and two bunk beds. My roommates were Franko(21), Shaurya (15) and Varun(17). The campus was amazing, it was a kind which actually made you feel like a pro footballer. Dressing rooms, laundry room, bistro, one Astro turf training pitch, a 4th Generation Football field, a grass pitch and an indoor football turf and a gym! It was literally paradise!
On my first day of training, it was raining. It was extremely cold, hard to breath at first but I gradually got accustomed to it. 


The 4-Gen Turf!

We did a few drills for our ball control and we failed miserably. Güler sir and Steven sir weren't impressed. On our second day, we were made to play against the U-17s and U-19s. As I had mentioned earlier, I played in the centre of the park. I was pushed and shrugged off everytime I tried to tackle anyone. But I did make a few good runs and that was the only highlight. Days passed and I stuck with my decision.


The Bistro

During our stay there, we went to Bad Aibling quite a few times. There was a volksfest in town and our somewhat caretaker/elder brother Julian took us for it. The food! Ahhh! Nutella crepes and nutella churros! Burgers of every meat! And n number of men and women enjoying their classic mugs of beer. Also, there were games like dashing cars and darts which made me enjoy my early childhood again.


Ah, it was the stuff of dreams.

4 comments:

  1. Well written Ankit. As a newbie to your trip, any reader may like to hear how you reached Germany etc. you may like to tell us that. looking forward to hear more about football and the visit from you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay Ankit, I reckon Ive grown a bit Jurassic!. I see you've other blogs too which says the story. Way to go Ankit. Proud of you. Keep blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice one ankit bhaiya.....have you written about you trip to Allianz Arena though??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice one ankit bhaiya.....have you written about you trip to Allianz Arena though??

    ReplyDelete